Monthly Archives: January 2016
JOB OPENING: VACANCY FOR THE POST OF MARKETING OFFICER
A fast growing publishing firm with office at Ibadan, Oyo State is presently recruiting to fill the vacant position:
• liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including bookshop owners, sales reps, colleagues, suppliers and partner organizations;
• communicating with target audiences and managing customer relationships;
• sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press or on the radio;
• managing the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, e-newsletters and DVDs;
• writing and proofreading copy;
• liaising with designers and printers;
• organizing photo shoots;
• arranging the effective distribution of marketing materials;
• maintaining and updating customer databases;
• organizing and attending events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions;
• sourcing and securing sponsorship;
• conducting market research, for example using customer questionnaires and focus groups;
• contributing to, and developing, marketing plans and strategies;
• managing budgets;
• evaluating marketing campaigns;
• monitoring competitor activity;
• supporting the marketing manager and other colleagues.
• HND in Business Administration or Science related fields.
• Age: Not more than 30years
• Experience: 2-3 years Cognate
All CV must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply before Monday 25, 2016.
Emotion Press Launches Africa’s First Literary and Educational Television Channel
Emotion Press, Nigeria has launched a fresh literary and educational online television channel, the first of her kind in sub saharan Africa.
According to the Executive Producer, Folarin Olaniyi, ‘Booktv Africa focuses its beam light on African authors of all kinds of books, Fiction and Non Fiction, and their publishers, editors, bookshop owners and the primary consumers of books, which are the schools. We are open to partnerships and sponsorships’
Booktv Africa launched out on Christmas day with an interview with the family of acclaimed poet and writer, Remi Raji, who most interestingly just handed over the mantle of leadership of the Association of Nigerian Authors.
Many months ago, the crew traveled to Ede, Redeemer’s University, owned by the Pastor Enoch Adeboye’s Redeemed Christian Church of God, to interview the award winning playwright, Ahmed Yerima, who is now the Head of Department of the Theatre Arts unit of the Christian based school. The full length interview has been published on the online television’s website.
There have been so many complaints from different quarters about the poor reading culture in Africa, most especially among the youths who are always stuck to the internet; it is our hope that Booktv Africa will be able to re-ignite the fire of reading books in the hearts of the educated African populace.
Booktv Africa will in the subsequent weeks feature award winning authors such as Soji Cole, Toyin Abiodun, Yinka Egbokhare, Akin Bello, Femi Osofisan, JP Clark and established schools and publishers in its different segments.
The online television channel can only be accessed on http://www.booktvafrica.com.